Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Now We Are Free

While I was having lunch with my manager and colleague yesterday in my knock off all blue and gold Japan 2009 jersey, I receive a weird call

Weird Caller "Is your Nric num S 82 90xxxxx B (Censored)

Me "Yes"

Weird Caller " Can you tell me your Nric sir"

Thou it seems like a dumb act to tell someone my NRIC number after they just told me, I did it anyway,  forgetting that it could have been a Nigeria scam or something like that.

Weird Caller " Congratulation sir"

I held my breath, expecting to hear one of those calls that say I won a trip to HK disneyland, and a small deposit from me is required.

Weird Caller " You have successfully got your filthy hands on 6 actual day NDP Tix in the ultra top secret ballot"

Those were what I throught I heard

Me " speechless"

Weird Caller " Please collect your tix from the Marina Barrage ...."

Me " You mean that colorful thing ? " 
Those were my exact words

Weird Caller "Yes"

And he hung up after that....

Me " I'm going with what I'm wearing now !"

Now now now , for those of you who dunno what is NDP, let me quote Biao Ge," You go watch NDP ? What the hell, one of the most boring and waste tax payer money show..."

My thoughts are more or less similar.

Infact, I never liked the uniform group parade which make no sense to me, the constantly standing  up and sitting down part when some guys wearing all white arrives, the airforce display, the guys dropping down from the sky, the cheesy songs and especially the part where everybody have to "Yam Say" with NeWater...

But, before you call me an unpatriotic son of a female dog, why did you even take part in the ballot, let me explain myself

1) I am a taxpayer too, so I more or less paid for it.
2) I love fire works

Photobucket

Yes fire works,  hanabi , yen huo, whatever you like to call it.
I love fire works. The bang bang bang and the boom boom boom
I love it, the colors to the sound to the sight of them shooting up to the sky...
I'm glad I get to see them from a nicer postion this year.

If you are watching from home on 9th of August,  and you see a young lad in bright blue with golden stripes jumping fanatically in a sea of red during the fire works segment, that most likely is me... 

No comments: