Monday, April 27, 2009

Quando Quando Quando

I have been watching Man VS Wild lately and I have to say... Its one show that cannot put " No animals were humiliated, harmed or killed during production" at its credits.

For thoses unfamilar with the show, it always about that Bear Grylls guy, stranded in some remote place, and his mission is to find civilization within 5 days. O, by the way, hes always stranded with only a knife and a water bottle in hand. So, food and water is usually gathered on site. You will usually see him chew and ingest all kind of creatures, drink from some animal dung, after he provide a short explaination on them. And after that, he will tell you some fun facts like insects having more protein than beef or something like that.

Frankly speaking, he is my 1st choice and last choice in "Person to be stranded in the wildness with". Now, let me explain why is that so ? On the bright side, the 1st few days in the wildness, he will be damn useful in providing food and shelter, but as the days gone by and if no help arrives, I can't shake the feeling that in front of Mr Bear, I will be nothing but a pile of protein, fats and water source...And judging by how swifty he kills (optional) and gobble up the food he finds on site, my demise is more or less craved in stone.





Watch the video for a more indepth understanding of what I am talking about.

Some times, I feel like being a vegeterian, watching Man Vs Wild is one of those times.

No comments: